Thursday, December 6th 2007, 10:03 AM CST
- Friday, November 02, 2007
Yield: 48 cookies
- ½ cup margarine (trans-fat free)
½ cup honey
1 ½ cups unbleached white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup Splenda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place margarine in a small glass bowl and microwave until margarine has melted. Add honey to melted margarine, stirring well.
3. Combine both white and wheat flours, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and Splenda in a large mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, vanilla extract, and egg with an electric blender or wire whisk.
5. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture.
6. Pour melted margarine and honey mixture over pumpkin and flour mixture. Stir all together until well combined.
7. Using a teaspoon, place a heaping scoop of batter onto a baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
8. Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick can be removed clean.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 50 calories, 1 gm protein, 8 gm total carb, 2 gm total fat with 0.5 gm saturated, 4 mg cholesterol, 0.6 gm fiber
Exchanges per serving: ½ starch
Each pumpkin cookie provides nearly 20% of the daily value for vitamin A.
- Family recipe of Marianne Wetherill, RD/LD, Siegfried Health Club, St. John Medical Center