Chocolate Cherry Sheet Cake
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 24 servings
- Butter-flavored cooking spray1 box (18.25 ounces) devil's food chocolate cake mix
1 can (20 ounces) no sugar added cherry pie filling
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup sugar substitute (containing sucralose and maltodextrin)
1/3 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup light margarine (45 calories per tablespoon)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15-x-10-x 1-inch sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Combine cake mix, cherries, egg and extract in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed 1 minute or until blended.
3. Pour into pan and bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Meanwhile, combine sugar, milk and margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute then remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour icing over cake. Let cool and serve.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 144 calories, 26g carbohydrate, 1.8g protein, 4.1g fat, 1.9g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1.2g dietary fiber, 185mg sodium