Cool Fruit Salad
- Wednesday, September 08, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- Serves 8
- 2 canteloupes (medium size)
4 oz green seedless grapes
2 kiwi fruit
1 green eating apple
1 c strawberries
4 oz diced mango
3/4 cup sparkling grape juice
- Cut the melons in half and scoop out the seeds.
Keeping the shells intact, scoop out the fruit with a melon baller, or scoop it out with a spoon and cut into bite-size cubes.
Set aside the melon shells.
Remove any stems from the grapes and, if cut in half if they are large.
Peel and chop the kiwi fruit.
Core and thinly slice the apple and place the slices in a bowl with the melon, grapes, kiwi fruit.
Add fresh strawberries and diced mango.
Thinly pare the rind from the lime and cut into fine strips. Blanch the strips in boiling water and for 30 seconds. Then drain them and rinse in cold water.
Squeeze the juice from the lime and toss it into the fruit. Mix gently.
Spoon the prepared fruit into the melon shells and chill in the fridge until required.
Just before serving, spoon the sparkling grape juice over the fruit and sprinkle it with the blanched lime rind. Garnish with fresh mint leaves as desired.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Calories: 111; Protein: 1.8 grams; Fat: 0 grams; Carbohydrate: 27 grams
- Sonja Stolfa, RD/LD - Tulsa Regional Medical Center