Honey Mustard and Vegetable Kabobs
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- Makes approximately 7-8 skewers.
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine1 1/2 teaspoons pureed garlic or 3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons brown spicy mustard
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon pepper
1 lb. skinless chicken tenders
2 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
2 large onions
1 pkg. fresh whole mushrooms
- 1. Cut chicken tenders into bite-size pieces and set aside.
2. Cut peppers, onion and mushrooms into bite-size pieces that can easily be threaded on skewers; set aside.
3. To make marinade, mix wine, garlic, mustard, honey, oil and Worcestershire sauce in a glass bowl with a wire whisk. Add pepper.
4. Divide marinade into 2 separate bowls. Place chicken pieces in one bowl to marinate and vegetables in the other. Allow to marinate for 2-3 hours.
5. Thread vegetables and chicken onto skewers beginning and ending with skewer with mushrooms.
6. Brush completed skewers with remaining marinade.
7. Prepare grill according the directions.
8. Grill until done turning every 5 minutes. (Gas grill Low setting: 20 minutes, Charcoal grill 30-45 minutes.)
- Nutrition Facts:
- (per skewer) Calories: 182 Fat: 4.5 grams Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Original Recipe by Tiffany Steers, M.S., R.D., L.D.