Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- Serves 12
- Vegetable oil & flour cooking spray1 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c vegetable oil spread (7g/Tbl)
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c fat-free milk
1/4 c egg substitute
1 pkg (16oz) frozen raspberries
For streusel topping:
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c white choc baking chips
1/3 c flour
1/4 c vegetable oil spread
1/4 c white chocolate baking chips
1 Tbl light corn syrup
1 tsp water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10-inch diameter angel food cake pan with vegetable oil and flour cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, cream vegetable oil spread and sugar. Blend in milk and egg substitute. Blend in flour mixture. Spread two-thirds of batter in pan. Top with raspberries, then remaining batter. Set aside.
4. In small bowl, combine remaining streusel ingredients. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool ten minutes, remove from pan.
5. Heat glaze ingredients in a small pan over low heat, stirring constantly. Drizzle over cake, serve warm.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 288 cal, 50g carb, 3g protein, 7.6g fat, 3.4g sat fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1.7g dietary fiber, 215mg sodium
- Grace Bandeh, St John Medical Ctr Dietitian