- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 4 servings, 1 burger each
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef (96 % fat free)3 tablespoons mustard
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 green onions, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 ounces 2% cheese
4 reduced-calorie hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. Preheat broiler. Combine first 7 ingredients (beef through pepper) in a medium-mixing bowl. Form meat mixture into 8 even patties.
2. Place cheese in the center of 4 patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties and seal edges.
3. Broil patties 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove and serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and pickles as desired.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 298 calories, 24.6g carbohydrate, 33g protein, 8.7g fat, 3.7g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 3.3g dietary fiber, 723mg sodium
- Original recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD