Sweetheart Chocolate Cake
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 10 Servings
- 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix1/3 Cup Applesauce
¾ Cup Egg Substitute
1 12 oz. Carton Light Frozen Non-dairy Whipped Topping
1 lb. Fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Coat 2 (8-inch) round or heart shaped cake pans with cooking spray; line bottoms of pans with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray; set pans aside.
3. Combine cake mix, applesauce and egg substitute in large bowl; beat at low speed for 30 seconds or until moist. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes or until well blended.
4. Pour batter into prepared pans. Sharply tap pans once on the counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pans for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen layers from sides of pans using a narrow metal spatula, and turn out onto wire racks. Peel off wax paper, and cool completely.
5. Place 1 cake layer on a plate and spread ½ of the frozen whipped topping. Top with remaining cake layer; spread remaining whipped topping. Arrange strawberries to cover top of cake in a circular pattern.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 192 Calories, 7.2g Fat, 28g Carbohydrate, 4g Protein, 1.5g Fiber
- St. Johns