Mom, son released from hospital after fatal Okmulgee County fire
Thursday, April 20th 2006, 12:58 PM CDT
There are new developments in Tuesday's house fire that killed a father and son in Liberty in Okmulgee County.
Investigators now believe the fire started from an electrical overload.
48-year-old Payne Rowen died when he went back into the burning house to save his 8-year-old son Nikolas.
Payne's wife Joy, and their 3-year-old son Alex have both been released from the hospital.
The family is now planning funeral arrangments for Payne and Nik.
The Liberty School District has set up a fund for the Rowen family.
Superintendent Doctor Kent Holbrook says the fund is in Nikolas Rowen's name, and people can donate at any Citizens Security Bank.
The school is also collecting donations. People can also mail checks to the school made out to "Nikolas Rowen Fund" and the school will deposit the donations.
You can call Doctor Holbrook at 918-366-8496 for more information on the fund.