Questions remain after a deadly shooting at a downtown nightclub.  Friends and relatives of a man gunned down early Saturday morning are speaking out.  Tulsa police say club security guards told them they shot 23-year-old Phillip Greer because he was trying to run them down.  The News On 6's Ashli Sims reports a woman who was at the club that night says that's not what happened.

Phillip Greer's former girlfriend was there Saturday morning.  She says the bullets flew right over her head.  And, she wants to set the record straight.

"I've never seen anything like it, hitting people while they're unconscious laying on the ground. I just don't understand it. I just don't understand it," said Leanna Scott, friend of Phillip Greer.

Leanna Scott is still in shock, but her grief is tinged with anger.  She was with Phillip Greer the night he was killed outside of The Hive nightclub, located at 216 North Elgin.  Scott says Greer was in a fight, but it was over and they were leaving.  Security guards told police they shot Greer in self-defense, because he was trying to run them over with his car.

"And, they've twisted that so much on the news and that's why I'm doing this interview. They've twisted that whole thing around like he was trying to hit people. And he wasn't.  That wasn't the case," said Leanna Scott.

Scott says in the chaos after the fight, Greer's sister ended up on the ground, bleeding.  And, that's why Phillip pulled up in the truck.

"Next thing you know it's a guy standing over me and he's shooting above my head. It was, and I noticed, it was the same guy that choked Phillip, shooting over my head," said Leanna Scott, friend of Phillip Greer.

Scott says she didn't find out until later the bullets flying just over her head took the life of her child's father.

"When I get there, my best friend called me and said he was gone.  It was over," said Leanna Scott.

Scott says she's not even sure the people involved were security guards, because they weren't wearing uniforms.  Detectives say they're trying to piece together what happened, but many people left the scene before officers arrived.

"We're just trying to find the witnesses that can really tell us what was said and what was done," said Tulsa Police Sgt. Mike Huff.

Greer's children, a 10-month-old baby boy and a five-year-old little girl, don't have their father and Scott holds the club responsible.

"I just feel like once the bouncers stopped the fight, you know, and they got everybody outside, it should have been over. It shouldn't have went that far.  It shouldn't have went that far," said Leanna Scott.

Leanna Scott wants to see the club closed and the shooter arrested.

Police are asking anyone with information on the case to call Crimestoppers at 596-COPS.