BA Student's E-Cigarette Catches Backpack On Fire, Building Evacuated

<p>Broken Arrow High School officials have confirmed there was an evacuation of the vocational agriculture building on Friday after a student&rsquo;s backpack caught fire.</p>

Friday, February 5th 2016, 4:13 pm

By: News On 6


Broken Arrow High School officials have confirmed there was an evacuation of the vocational agriculture building on Friday after a student’s backpack caught fire.

A spokesperson says the student had an e-cigarette in his backpack and it malfunctioned.

The fire was contained to the backpack, and emergency personnel were called, according the the school.

“The fire marshal is investigating, and school personnel will take the appropriate action to prevent similar issues in the future,” a statement said.
 

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News on 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

February 5th, 2016

July 4th, 2024

April 15th, 2024

April 12th, 2024

Top Headlines

July 16th, 2024

July 16th, 2024

July 16th, 2024

July 16th, 2024