1 10 oz can cream of chicken or mushroom soup (low sodium)
1 ½ cups low-fat milk
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies (or 1/3 cup fresh chilies, chopped)
2 cups diced cooked chicken
8 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
¾ cup reduced fate grated cheddar cheese
1. In a bowl, mix soup, milk, chilies, and chicken
2. Coat a slow cooker with nonstick spray or line with a slow-cooking bag.
3. Layer the tortilla pieces, the chicken mixture and the cheese.
4. Finish the layers with cheese on the top.
5. Cook in a crock pot on low for 4 hours.
*Time and money saving tips:
This recipe was adapted from the Gather at the Table cookbook provided through the Oklahoma Nutrition Program.
A free copy may be downloaded from the Tulsa County OSU Extension web site: http://www.oces.tulsacounty.org.
The 77 page cookbook provides quick, easy, and inexpensive recipes for anyone interested in better managing their budget, eating better and increasing physical activity.
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.