Space Heater Sparks Tulsa House Fire Monday Evening - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Space Heater Sparks Tulsa House Fire Monday Evening

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters not only had to battle the flames, but the bitter cold temperatures as well. Firefighters not only had to battle the flames, but the bitter cold temperatures as well.
The fire broke out in the 4900 block of west 11th street Monday evening. The fire broke out in the 4900 block of west 11th street Monday evening.

NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma -- Tulsa Firefighters responded to a house fire in west Tulsa Monday evening.

The fire broke out at a home in the 4900 block of West 11th Street just after 6 p.m.  Firefighters not only had to battle the flames, but the bitter cold temperatures as well.

A couple and their four children made it out of the home safely before firefighters arrived on scene. .

The family tells News On 6 the fire started because they were using a space heater and blanket. 

Tulsa Fire says homeowners need to be careful with the use of space heaters.

"They work really well. But most space heaters are open in the front to where any type of combustible that gets too close to the space heater can cause a problem," said Tulsa Fire district chief Eddie Bell.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.