Burning Mattress Damages Two Tulsa Apartment Units - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Burning Mattress Damages Two Tulsa Apartment Units

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters say the mattress was underneath a stairwell by a downstairs apartment. Firefighters say the mattress was underneath a stairwell by a downstairs apartment.
Two people in the upstairs unit were temporarily trapped inside. A Tulsa firefighter sprays down the staircase with water. Two people in the upstairs unit were temporarily trapped inside. A Tulsa firefighter sprays down the staircase with water.
Tulsa Firefighters are scene at Meadowbrook Apartments during an overnight fire. Tulsa Firefighters are scene at Meadowbrook Apartments during an overnight fire.

NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma -- A burning mattress under an apartment staircase temporarily trapped two people in an upstairs apartment overnight Saturday at the Meadowbrook Apartments.

Just after 2 a.m. Tulsa Fire was dispatched to the complex at 422 S. Mingo and arrived to find an exterior staircase on fire. They found a mattress that had been set on fire under the staircase near a downstairs apartment and two residents trapped inside an apartment upstairs.

There was minor smoke damage but neither apartment had interior damage. Firefighters believed the residents would be able to stay in the units.

If you know anything about this fire, call 596-ARSN.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.