Chuy's Deluxe Tomatillo Sauce And Deluxe Tomatillo
*This is a two step recipe. You must first cook Chuy's Tomatillo Sauce and then add ingredients for the Deluxe Tomatillo.
Step One: Tomatillo Sauce
Margarine 4 tbsp.
Tomatillos, green, cleaned, roughly chopped 4 lbs (approx. 50)
Cilantro, chopped ¼ cup
Green onions, chopped 5 oz.
Jalapeno slices, with juice ¼ cup
Lime juice, fresh 2 tsp
Water 6 cups
Vegetable base 3 tbsp.
Salt, garlic and sugar 1 pinch of each
Cornstarch 10 tbsp.
1. Clean and wash the vegetables.
2. Heat margarine in a large stock pan
3. Put cilantro, green onions, jalapenos, lime juice and 1 pound of roughly chopped tomatillos (approx. 12) in a food processor.
4. Blend at low speed.
5. Add the rest of the tomatillos. Blend until pureed
6. Add tomatillo mixture to margarine. Sauté 10 minutes until it stops foaming.
7. In separate pan, mix cornstarch completely in water.
8. Stir vegetable base, salt, garlic and sugar into cornstarch mixture.
9. Add vegetable stock mixture to tomatillo puree. Bring to a boil, then continue to simmer (low boil) for approx. 10 minutes, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
Step Two: Deluxe Tomatillo
Tomatillo sauce (hot) 1 QT (From above)
Cilantro leaf (chopped) ¼ cup
Sour cream 16 oz.
Salt ¼ tbsp
Garlic salt ¼ tbsp
Black pepper ¼ tbsp
1. Add cilantro to hot Tomatillo sauce and blend with hand held blender until mixed.
2. Add sour cream and spices. Blend at high speed until thoroughly mixed.
3. Heat on stovetop on low heat setting if needed.