Firefighters Believe Space Heater Started Tulsa House Fire - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

News

Firefighters Believe Space Heater Started Tulsa House Fire

Posted: Updated:
The home is located in the 300 block of East Xyler. The home is located in the 300 block of East Xyler.
The fire spread into a wall between a converted garage and a home. The fire spread into a wall between a converted garage and a home.
TULSA, Oklahoma -

Tulsa firefighters believe a space heater started a house fire in the 300 block of East Xyler Monday morning.

A 911 caller reported smoke and flames coming from the first-floor roof of the two-story home.

When firefighters arrived on scene they were able to knock down the fire quickly and determined three people who were inside had made it out safely.

Firefighters believe a space heater was too close to a flammable substance in a converted garage area, sparking the fire.

Special Features

Community Calendar

Find out what's going on around town and submit events!

Share

See it! Shoot it! Send it! Share your weather pics and videos with NewsOn6.com!

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Mobile Alerts

Get breaking news, headlines, weather alerts & more on your cell phone.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by WorldNow
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
TULSA'S OWN TM
GREEN COUNTRY'S OWN TM
Oklahoma's Own Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state including Tulsa's Own and Green Country's Own.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, WorldNow and KOTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.