1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in NEWS ON 6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA"), except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.NewsOn6.com/contests or click here. Employees of NEWS ON 6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Participant must be active duty U.S. Military or a U.S. Military Veteran with a United States Government Issued DoD Number.
3. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS ON 6 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
4. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
5. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
6. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS ON 6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
7. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of NEWS ON 6 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
8. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
9. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
10. NEWS ON 6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
11. How to enter: Participants may enter by completing an online entry form at www.NewsOn6.com/HonoringHeroes. All entries must include a response to each item requested, including, but not limited to: personal information, age verification and a short explanation on why they deserve to win and how winning would impact their life as well as the lives of the people with whom they interact. Deadline to enter is 11:59 p.m. on March 20, 2016. One (1) winner will be selected based on financial need and the opportunity to positively impact the recipient’s life. Participant must complete the online entry form to receive a valid entry. Only one entry, per person, will be accepted.
12. Alternate form of Entry: mailing or delivering a post card entry to “NEWS ON 6: 2016 HONORING LOCAL HEROES – VETERAN SMILE GIVEAWAY,” 303 N. Boston, Tulsa, OK 74103. Entries must include participant's name, age, address, daytime phone number, e-mail address (include “None” if participant does not have an email address), short explanation on why they deserve to win and how winning would impact their life as well as the lives of the people with whom they interact. Alternate form of Entries must be received by 12:00pm/Noon (CST) on Friday, March 18, 2016. No more than one (1) entry, per person, per weekday, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproduction will not be eligible.
13. In the event of any of the following, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner:
a. Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. News On 6 is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
c. Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by News On 6;
d. Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner;
e. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or
f. Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
14. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by NEWS ON 6 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
15. Prize: One (1) winner will be selected, based on financial need and the impactful opportunity. Prize is one (1) Dental Service Package, provided by Dentures & Dental Services of Checotah, up to a maximum value of $5,000.00. Exact prize is dependent on winner’s specific needs but will not exceed $5,000.00.
16. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by NEWS ON 6. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by NEWS ON 6 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS ON 6 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
17. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
18. Complete rules are available at NEWS ON 6 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.NewsOn6.com.
Standard data rates may apply per your carrier. Send HELP to (79640) for information. Send STOP to (79640) to opt out of the service. For Full Terms & Conditions, please visit (79640)" Note: Standard Terms & Conditions are also available at http://store2.hipcricket.com/standard-termsEandP.asp
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.NewsOn6.com.