Six People Escape From Burning Tulsa Home
TULSA, Oklahoma - Six people and a dog escaped from a burning home safely Thursday, but two other dogs inside weren't as lucky.
Osage SkyNews 6 HD was on the scene of the large house fire near 41st and Mingo.
Tulsa Fire Captain Stan May said space heaters and a fire in a fireplace may be to blame.
The fire damaged several rooms of the home.
Chuck Grayson and his family are renting the home and said something fell down the chimney while a fire was burning in the fireplace, and after that, the house filled with smoke.
"I've been at home all day sitting there watching the fire. It's been burning perfectly. All of a sudden, all of this black stuff just dropped out of the fireplace and fire just went everywhere," Grayson said.
Firefighters are asking people to be careful when operating space heaters, fireplaces and candles.