Sand Springs House Fire Investigated As Arson
"The first thing we saw was flames coming from the roof," said neighbor Clay Fink, who took a photo of flames shooting out from the roof and front door of the home.
Neighbors say the woman had been in the shower and broke a window to get out. She ran to a neighbor's home naked and was given a blanket.
"We took off running for her after she screamed a number of times," one of the boys said.
"She was screaming for help and kept saying someone was pouring gasoline on her house and setting it on fire."
1/18/2015 Related Story: Investigation Underway After Sand Springs Woman Says Someone Set Fire To House
There was also a man lying on the front porch who was burned; two teenage boys pulled him off the porch out of harm's way.
"Everyone was saying 'help us help us, we need to get him off the porch,'" said one of the teenage rescuers.
"So me and my friend went up and picked him up and took him to the mailbox."
"Pretty scary but pretty heroic for a couple of young teenage boys," said neighbor Clay Fink.
As the couple waited for emergency responders, the wife stood in Fink's driveway and watched her home burn.
"Upset, crying, wrapped up in a blanket," he said.
Neither the husband or wife wanted to leave the home, but just a few hours later, the fire forced them out.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Sand Springs Fire Marshall at 918-246-2548 ext. 2551.