Marbled Cheesecake Brownies
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate finely chopped (3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon)
3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
6 tablespoons butter, chopped, unsalted
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup all purpose flour
8 ounces (1 cup) Panera Bread Reduced-Fat Honey Walnut Cream Cheese Spread
1/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. For the Brownie: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch pan with foil, leaving enough hanging over the two opposite sides to use as handled. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
2. Combine the unsweetened chocolate, semisweet chocolate, and butter in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on 50% of the power just until the chocolate is soft enough to stir smooth, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to stir every minute.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in the chocolate mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir in the flour just until blended. Remove ½ cup brownie batter to a small bowl. Spread the remaining batter evenly in a prepared baking pan.
4. For the Cheesecake Topping: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth, 1 minute. Beat in the sugar and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg for 30 seconds.
5. Pour the topping evenly over the brownie batter. Drop the reserved brownie batter in small dollops over the topping. Use a dinnerware knife to swirl together the topping and brownie batter to create a marbled effect.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly wet, 35-40 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. When cool. Use the foil to lift the entire cake of brownies from the pan. Cut into squares.