Elderly Turley Man Saves Wife From Fire
TURLEY, Oklahoma - Turley firefighters said an elderly man pulled his wife from their burning home early Wednesday on North Garrison near 66th Street North.
They said a neighbor spotted a glow on his surveillance camera at about 3 a.m., went outside, saw the house next door on fire and called 911.
Firefighters said the 75-year-old resident rescued his 74-year-old wife just before the home's roof collapsed. She went to a Tulsa hospital suffering from burns over 18 percent of her body and smoke inhalation.
The Turley Fire Department asked for aid from Sperry Fire and Tulsa Fire. Turley Fire Captain David Morgan said the homeowner believes a space heater in a spare bedroom started the fire.
The state Fire Marshal's office will investigate.