Maple Pumpkin Harvest Trail Mix
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/8 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup pecan halves
1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup cinnamon chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add maple syrup and heat over med. Heat until just before boiling.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice, salt, and nuts. Stirring frequently, cook until the nuts are caramelized and the syrup has reduced. (About 3-5 minutes)
- In an even layer, spread mixture on the prepared baking sheet and let cool completely (The candied nuts will harden as they cool)
- When hardened in the pan, stir in the cherries, apricots, raisins and cinnamon chips until ingredients are evenly coated, breaking the candied nuts into clusters as needed.
- Store in an air-tight container