Turkey Maple Whiskey Brine
Monday, October 10th 2016, 11:50 AM CDT
- 3 cups whiskey
- Two 12.5-ounce bottles pure maple syrup (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons tricolor peppercorns
- 5 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped off
- Peel of 3 large oranges, cut into large strips
- Peel of 2 red apples
- Peel of 2 green apples
- Place turkey in a large stock pot and cover with the brine solution, fully submerging the turkey.
- Place in fridge for at least 12 hours before cooking.