Roasted Sweet Potatoes And Pears
Monday, November 21st 2016, 10:13 am CST
- 4 large sweet potatoes, sliced, or 1 lb small sweet potatoes, cut ¼-inch thick
- 3 pears (such as Bosc), cored and cut ¼-inch thick
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ? tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine potatoes and pears in a 2-quart gratin dish or an ovenproof skillet. Pour butter over potatoes and pears, sprinkle with thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven; bake until potatoes are tender, gently stirring once, 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with vinegar, and sprinkle with cheese; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; serve immediately.
PER SERVING (1/2 cup): 139 cal, 3 g total fat, 2 g sat fat, 267 mg sod, 26 g total carb, 8 g sugar, 4 g fib, 3 g prot. SmartPoints value: 4
NOTE: Consider covering the dish while baking so potatoes will cook faster.