Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 9:14 AM CDT
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 pound various mushrooms (such as chanterelle, morel, shiitake, oyster and/or maitake)
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a cast-iron pan on a grate above your campfire or directly on some hot coals.
- Add mushrooms and evenly coat with the melted butter. Cook for 3 minutes and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add butter as needed so the pan doesn’t dry out.
- Add garlic, herbs and remaining butter and cook for 1 minute.