Rainbow Carrots And Sugar Snaps With Sherry-Dill Vinaigrette
Monday, April 17th 2017, 12:08 pm CDT
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 cup rainbow carrots, cut into ¼-inch diagonal slices
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed
- ¼ cup roughly chopped shallots
- 2 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sherry or white-wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled, smashed
- 2 Teaspoon honey
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place almonds on baking sheet; bake 5 minutes. Stir almonds and continue baking until just golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart water to a boil over high heat. Add carrots cook 1 minute (cook an additional minute if you like your carrots tender). Add sugar snaps; cook until just bright green, 2 minutes. Drain vegetables; rinse under cold water to stop cooking and shake out all excess water.
- In a medium bowl, combine blanched vegetables, shallots, dill, oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, salt and pepper; toss to combine and then sprinkle with toasted almonds (remove garlic clove, if desired).