Tulsa Parents Killed In House Fire
TULSA, Oklahoma - Two people are dead after a Tulsa house fire early Tuesday, November 7 near Apache and Martin Luther King Boulevard. Firefighters say they got the fire under control, then went inside and found the bodies of a man and a woman.
The couple who died are parents, but their two children weren't home at the time of the fire.
Firefighters say the home was a total loss, and they're still trying to figure out what caused it.
District Chief Bryan Hickerson says they were first sent to another location north of the fire, but when they did arrive, they found flames coming out the roof and could hear explosions from inside the home.
He believes those explosions were from gas or propane tanks being stored inside the home.
Hickerson says the house did not appear to have electricity and the victims were getting power from a generator and a neighbor via an extension cord.
"They had moved in about three weeks ago and they were still in the process of getting everything set up at the house," said Tulsa Fire District Chief Bryan Hickerson.
Firefighters said homes on either side of the burned home also suffered some damage. Corey Green was up all night keeping an eye on the fire to make sure it didn't reignite. He said he is going to have a lot of repairs to make on his home.
"The whole side and all over there is melted. The air conditioner is melted. Two of the windows was cracked," Green said.
Two children also live in the home but weren't there when fire broke out.
Firefighters say they will be coming by the house during the day to make sure the scene remains under control.