Filet Of Tenderloin Steak Diane
Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 12:53 PM CST
- 4 - 8 oz. split Tenderloin Filet
- 4 tsp. Personally preferred steak seasonings
- 1 Cast iron skillet
- 2 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Diane Sauce ingredients:
- 1.5 cups Beef Stock
- 3 tbsp. Clarified or unsalted butter
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Shallots
- 4 oz. Wild mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Cognac or Brandy
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Parsley Minced
- 1 tbsp. Chives minced
- a pinch of Kosher Salt to taste
- a pinch of Black Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season steaks with your preferred seasoning or salt & pepper, add to skillet.
- Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare.
- Place cooked filets on a reserved plate.
- Return skillet to high heat, add stock; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat, and add butter; add garlic & shallots and cook, stirring, until soft & translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms & cook, stirring, until they release any liquid & it evaporates & mushrooms begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add cognac or Brandy & light with a match to flambee; cook until flame dies down.
- Stir in reserved stock, cream, Dijon, Worcestershire, & hot sauce, and then return steaks to the skillet; cook turning in sauce, until warmed through and the sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to a serving plate & stir parsley & chives into sauce; pour sauce over steaks to serve.