Skiatook Churches Plan To Feed Students If Teacher Walkout Happens
The Skiatook school district is releasing new details about plans for the teacher walkout.
The district says after-school activities, ACT testing, Prom and Graduation will all go on as scheduled.
Several churches will serve as walk-up sites for students to get sack lunches from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day.
A list of participating churches can be found below:
- First United Methodist—1007 Osage (across from Marrs Elem.)
- First Baptist Church—940 W. Oak (Oak St. Campus)
- Lighthouse Church—709 E. 4th St. (behind Tastee Freeze)
- First Presbyterian Church—300 E. 2nd St. (across from Post Office)
- Tri-County Baptist Church –397930 W. 4100 Rd.
- Ascension Church & Family Worship Center will deliver meals to the area behind Mr. Bass and Country Road. Please call FWC at 918-798-3102 if you are not on the list and would like meals delivered.
Extra food will also be on hand at Heaven Sent Food Pantry at the Assembly of God Church on Osage Street. Families can get groceries on Thursday from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. as long as the walkout lasts.