Scrumptious Vegan Layered Black Bean Dip
Thursday, June 28th 2018, 11:22 am CDT
Scrumptious Vegan Layered Black Bean Dip Ingredients:
- 1 can Amy’s Vegetarian Organic Refried Black Beans
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons diced dill pickle (optional)
- ? cup sliced black olives
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Kite Hill Vegan Cream Cheese
- ½ cup salsa or more to taste
- 2 small avocados, mashed
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup diced sweet onions
- 1 small to medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
Tasty Pico De Gallo Ingredients:
- 4 ripe firm tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped, or more to taste
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (if you don’t want as much heat remove the seeds)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Himalaya pink salt, to taste
Scrumptious Vegan Layered Black Bean Dip Directions:
- In an 8” square baking dish, mix the refried beans and green chilies. Spread evenly over the dish. Sprinkle dill pickles, black olives and green onions.
- Next spread the salsa evenly over the top. Then add the cream cheese and spread it evenly.
- To make the guacamole, add the avocados to a bowl and chop or mash. Add tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Spread over the bean mixture.
- Top with the Pico de Gallo and serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crudité or tortilla chips.
Tasty Pico De Gallo Directions:
- Combine all the ingredients; cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve with chips, over eggs, with roasted chicken, grilled steak, fish, bean dip, on tacos, etc.