Bailey’s Irish Cream Pie
TULSA, Oklahoma - Bailey’s Irish Cream Pie
Chocolate Cookie Crust
½ pound Oreo cookie crumbs, finely chopped
¼ cup butter, melted
Irish Cream filling
1 pound cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liquor
2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
¼ cup dark chocolate shavings
¼ cup white chocolate shavings
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter until thoroughly blended.
2. Press the butter and cookie mixture into a pie pan. Refrigerate while completing the filling.
3. With a stand or a hand-held mixer, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and liquor in a mixing bowl and blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. In another mixing bowl, whip the chilled heavy cream until soft peaks form.
5. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, being careful not to overmix.
6. Spread the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
7. Top with white and dark chocolate shavings.