Man Electrocuted In Mowing Accident In Bartlesville

A Nowata man was electrocuted in a mowing accident in Bartlesville Thursday.

Friday, July 25th 2014, 7:34 am

By: News On 6


A Nowata man was electrocuted in a mowing accident in Bartlesville Thursday.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office told our Radio Oklahoma partner, Bartlesvilleradio.com, it happened on the north side of Frank Phillips Boulevard just east of Comanche Street.

A Bartlesville man was mowing with a tractor when the mower deck became tangled in a guy wire supporting a utility pole.

Deputies said his co-worker, Johnnie Lee Walls, 66, attempted to free the guy wire from the mower when it became electrified. PSO told them 7,600 volts passed through Wall's body, killing him instantly.

Sheriff Rick Silver says the other man was not injured, because he remained on the tractor and didn't touch the guy wire.

The Bartlesville Fire Department responded to the scene.
logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News on 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

July 25th, 2014

December 4th, 2023

September 25th, 2023

April 18th, 2022

Top Headlines

February 21st, 2024

February 21st, 2024

February 21st, 2024

February 20th, 2024