- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 7 servings, 1 cup each
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil (could substitute olive oil cooking spray)
2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
4 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2-3 canned chipotle chilies in adobe sauce, chopped, rinsed and seeded
1 package (14 ounces) low-fat Polska kielbasa (2.5g fat per 2 ounces), thinly sliced and quartered
- 1. In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, thyme and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes.
2. Stir in broth. Add beans, chilies and sausage.
3. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Rachel Cly