The weather may have played a role in a couple of fires that destroyed two homes overnight in Tulsa. A home at 13th and Atlanta was destroyed by fire early Monday. People walking the neighborhood looking at tree damage discovered the fire. When firefighters arrived, it was fully involved.
Tulsa Fire officials say the house is a total loss with damage estimated at $150,000.
Another fire in northwest Tulsa destroyed another home overnight. Fire officials say the home at Tecumseh and Elwood was also burning out of control when firefighters arrived.
Neighbors were concerned about a man and his teenage daughter who live here. However, fire officials say no one was home at the time of the fire. The icy weather may have sparked the fire, but fire investigators will try to determine exactly what happened.
And a man and his wife made it out of a burning home early Monday. The couple believes downed power lines caused an electrical shortage, setting their house on fire. The home was destroyed.
"By the time the fire department got here, it was totally engulfed, flames were through the roof. It took them quite a while because of the bad weather. Apparently they've been busy all over town," said Michael Sherwin.
No one was hurt.