Spicy Tortilla Stew
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 servings, approximately 1 1/2 cup each
- Nonstick cooking spray
1 ½ pounds chicken breast, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chopped cabbage
3 cups water
1 can (14.5 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
3 cups diced red new potatoes
1 can (15.25 ounces) corn, drained
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans
1 can (7 ounces) diced green chilies
4 corn tortillas cut into strips
- 1. Spray a large Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray. Cook chicken over medium heat approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and cabbage, cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Add water, chicken broth, tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients. Allow to simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 180 calories, 24g carbohydrate, 18g protein, 1.7g fat, 0.2g saturated fat, 33mg cholesterol, 5g dietary fiber, 677mg sodium
- Original recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD - Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org