- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 2 1/2 servings
- 2 pasta sheets, cooked1 c ricotta cheese
1 c mozzarella cheese, grated
1 eggplant, thinly sliced and grilled
2 roasted peppers
1 c chopped spinach leaves
salt & pepper to taste
1 egg beaten
plastic wrap (for rolling pasta and contents)
- (It's easier than it sounds!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay two cooked pasta sheets over plastic wrap.
3. Spread ricotta mix over the sheets, leaving the top 1 1/2 inches clear.
4. Layer a row of grated mozzarella in the front (side closest to you)
5.Next, layer a row of eggplant above mozzarella, then peppers above eggplant, then spinach.
6. Lightly sprinkle mozzarella, salt, and pepper to taste.
7. Using plastic wrap, carefully roll the pasta over the mozzarella and tuck.
8. Continue the roll and tuck process until you're to the last inch of pasta.
9. Egg wash the last inch and finish out the roll. Twist the ends like a Tootsie Roll.
Cook in preheated 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. Present over heated marinara sauce, drizzle with Alfredo sauce.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Chef Jamie Shrader, Bravo Ristorante at the Adam's Mark Hotel