March Madness Pizza
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 8 servings, 1 slice each
- Olive oil cooking spray2 1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit and baking mix
3/4 -1 cup hot water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 head garlic, roasted
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 cups frozen bell pepper strips
1/2 medium red onion, cut into strips
1 1/2 ounces proscuitto, cut into strips
1 package (6 ounces) Italian seasoned precooked chicken breast strips
1 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
3 - 4 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12-14 inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine baking mix and water. Stir until blended. Knead into dough. If dough is sticking to your hands add additional baking mix to hands as needed. Press dough into prepared pizza pan.
3. In a small bowl combine oil, roasted garlic and Italian seasoning. Spread mixture over pizza crust.
4. In a small skillet sprayed with cooking spray heat pepper strips and onion until they are warm throughout and onion starts to get tender. Pour mixture onto pizza crust. Bake 7-10 minutes.
5. Add remaining ingredients to pizza in the following order, proscuitto, chicken, fat-free cheese, tomatoes and pizza cheese blend. Bake 10-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 290 calories, 27g carbohydrate, 15g protein, 7g fat, 3g saturated fat, 27mg cholesterol, 2g dietary fiber, 1200mg sodium
- Original recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD - Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org