Tulsa man is critical after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Tulsa man is critical after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

Updated:
(Greenwood Village, Colorado-AP) -- A Tulsa man is one of two people in critical condition after apparently suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Denver, Colorado, area hotel.

Authorities say a 32-year-old woman and a 30-year-old man were found in separate rooms at the La Quinta Inn and Suites Tech Center yesterday.

Officials were not releasing the victim's names, but the Tulsa World reports that the man's roommate in Tulsa confirms he is Eric Potteiger, who was on a business trip.

Both victims were placed in a hyperbaric chamber, which forces oxygen into the lungs.

A spokeswoman for South Metro Fire and Rescue says an improperly vented pool heater caused the carbon monoxide level to rise in the hotel.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.