HOLDENVILLE, Okla. (AP) _ City officials meet Monday to plan what's next after fire heavily damaged the city-owned hospital, Fire Chief Dwight Banner said.
The Saturday fire destroyed about half of Holdenville General Hospital. Banner said the cause of the fire, which started in the emergency room, seems to be electrical, but more investigation is needed.
Hospital employees cleared the building. Banner said three patients were taken to a nearby nursing home.
Banner also said two firefighters, Berry Davis and Ronny Theftford, were slightly injured when the single-story hospital's roof collapsed on them.
``We were going to take them to the emergency room but it was on fire,'' Banner said.
A damage estimate was not available, but Banner said the hospital had a new roof that cost $12,000 and also lost medical equipment.