OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) _ A kitchen fire that spread to the rest of an Oklahoma City home killed a 27-year-old man Tuesday.
Jacob Garcia Sanchez left a frying pan on the stove unattended and fell asleep in the living room, Oklahoma City Fire Maj. Brian Stanaland said.
The pan caught fire and spread through the house.
Oklahoma City firefighters responded to the blaze at about 4:15 a.m.
The man's two roommates managed to escape _ one through a window and another out the back door _ but Sanchez didn't make it, Stanaland said.
Sanchez was not breathing and had no pulse when firefighters found him in the living room. He had second- and third-degree burns on about 50 percent of his body, Stanaland said.
Attempts to revive Sanchez were unsuccessful.
He was pronounced dead at Baptist Medical Center. The house sustained about $35,000 in damage.