Couple Escapes Overnight Fire - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Couple Escapes Overnight Fire

Updated:
A Tulsa couple had a fortunate escape from a fire just after 1 a.m. Friday morning. The fire broke out in a gas log stove in a storage building behind the home at 18th and Lewis. The couple had been working to clean up the outbuilding and fell asleep. The stove caught fire, and the woman woke up to smoke.

Firefighters say the residents were lucky to escape safely because the building had no smoke detector. Damage is estimated at about $10,000.

Watch the video: Couple Escapes Burning Storage Building
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.