1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Several cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground oregano
1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
1/4 tsp. ground basil
1 tbsp. chili powder
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Several tomatoes, depending on size, chopped (see tips!)
1 can red kidney beans
1. Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
2. Add ground meat and brown.
3. Combine spices together into a mixture, and then add to ground meat.
4. Add red wine vinegar.
5. Add tomatoes and let simmer until tomatoes cook down.
6. Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
7. Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and sour cream.
Recipe Source: www.huffingtonpost.com
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.