Crock Pot Guinness Braised Short Ribs
Short Ribs 3 lbs.
Vegetable Oil as needed
Mirepoix 8 oz.
Tomato Paste 2 tbsp.
Beef Stock 8 oz.
Guinness Beer 12 oz.
Bay Leaf 1 ea.
Thyme Leaves 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. In a large sauté pan, season short ribs lightly with salt and pepper and brown short ribs on all sides in hot oil.
2. Remove ribs, add mirepoix and caramelize.
3. Add tomato paste to mirepoix and caramelize.
4. In the Crock Pot, add browned ribs, caramelized mirepoix, beef stock, 8 oz. of Guinness Beer, bay leaf, thyme leaves, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Turn Crock Pot on low and cook ribs until tender (6-10 hours) or on high (2-6 hours)
6. Remove ribs (keep warm), degrease the sauce, turn Crock Pot on high and allow sauce to boil and reduce to desired consistency. Strain, add remaining 4 oz. of Guinness beer, adjust final seasoning with salt and pepper.
7. Place ribs back in sauce to keep hot, pull ribs out of sauce and serve as needed.
Yield: 10 Servings