Vacant Tulsa Rent House Damaged By Fire
TULSA, Oklahoma - An unoccupied rental house caught fire early Saturday in the 6400 block of East Fifth Street, firefighters said.
A neighbor smelled smoke and called 911, and when firefighters arrived the home was filled with smoke, so they ripped out parts of the wall and put out the flames.
Officials said it likely started because of faulty wiring, but the state fire marshal will determine the official cause.
Firefighters said since the house was empty and filled with belongings the fire didn’t spread as quickly as it could have.