Creamy Chicken Pot Pie With Puff Pastry
TULSA, Oklahoma -
Creamy Chicken Pot Pie with Puff Pastry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Filling
1 lb Cooked Diced Chicken Breast
1 cup Frozen Peas and Carrots
½ cup Pearl Onions (or diced white onion)
½ cup Celery, Diced
½ cup Butter
½ cup All Purpose Flour
1 clove Garlic, Minced
½ tsp Fresh Thyme
½ tsp Fresh Rosemary, Finely Chopped
½ tsp Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
Puff Pastry Top
1 sheet Frozen Puff Pastry
1 each Egg
2 tbsp Cold Water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium-size sauté pan melt butter over medium heat and add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender.
2. Once vegetables are cooked, add flour and mix well making sure everything is incorporated with the flour.
3. Using a wire whisk slowly stir in the chicken broth.
4. Continue to cook on medium heat. Add the thyme, rosemary, and parsley and bring to a simmer. Once the mixture begins to simmer stir in the peas and carrots and bring back to a simmer.
5. Once mixture begins to simmer again add the diced chicken, heavy cream, Kosher salt, and black pepper. Remove from heat and pour into a cast iron skillet.
6. Cut puff pastry to fit over the top of the skillet and place on the top.
7. Mix together the one egg and cold water in a small bowl to make an egg wash, Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the puff pastry and bake in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes until golden brown.