Tulsa's Lindbergh Elementary School Evacuated Due To Gas Leak
TULSA, Oklahoma - Lindbergh Elementary School was evacuated after custodians reported a gas leak.
Firefighters were dispatched to the school at 900 South 89th East Avenue at about 1 p.m. Tuesday after the smell of gas was reported in the boiler room.
"We evacuated the building as a precaution," said Principal Deidre Prevett.
Parents were able to pick their kids up at Eastwood Baptist Church, 900 South 91st East Avenue. Prevett said their church neighbors invited the students and teachers over to their building, providing water for all 490 kids and crackers for those who had to leave during lunch.
ONG workers were at the school repairing the leak.