Fire Damages Home In Sand Springs
SAND SPRINGS, Oklahoma - Sand Springs firefighters were called out to a heavily wooded area Tuesday morning after a house caught fire. The department was dispatched to the 14100 block of West 31st Street at about 9:30 a.m.
A woman who lives there told firefighters she lit some candles then left the house when she realized her dog had gotten loose. Firefighters initially thought one of the candles might have sparked the fire, but further investigation shows it was a space heater.
Smoke could be seen billowing for some distance.
Firefighters say the two-story wooden frame structure is not a total loss but will need repairs.
No other family members were home at the time of the fire. There were no injuries, firefighters say.