KIEFER, Oklahoma - A 20-year-old Glenpool man was arrested Sunday morning after police said he tried to kidnap a one-year-old Kiefer child. 

Kiefer police said Bradley Hill admitted to trying to kidnap the child but the child's father subdued Hill after he caught him standing by the baby's crib.

Hill is in the Creek County jail, facing two burglary charges and one attempted kidnapping charge, police said. 

Police said from what they can tell, this case is a result of bad decisions and too much alcohol.

"Even though he planned to take a child we aren't certain he planned to hurt a child," police said. 

Kiefer Police Chief Johnny O'Mara said the Sunday morning incident was a result of a night of heavy drinking with friends.

"Sometime during the night he leaves that residence, jumps over to the victim's house and gets inside the house," O'Mara said. 

In the bedroom community, the most crime you'll find are crimes of opportunity like an unlocked door. 

Police said an unlocked door is how Hill got into the home in the Kiefer neighborhood.

"The father in this situation he's looking for some kind of raccoon or cat that entered the house and is just making noise. I don't think the father had any clue someone would be standing over his child's bed," O'Mara said. 

O'Mara said the father grabbed Hill, wrestled him out of the room and held him down while the child's mother called police.

Police said the suspect told them he wanted to take the baby to give him a better life, but as it turned out, it wasn't even the right baby.

"We're trying to answer the question on why he would try to take that child," O'Mara said. "Our suspect said he wanted to rescue a child and we found no indication that that child was in danger or any harmful situation."

O'Mara said the suspect lucky to still be alive.

"The father did everything right, his baby is safe, his family is safe and the person who was in his house is in jail," O'Mara said. 

The suspect didn't know the family, and before now, Hill didn't have a criminal history.

The child's father declined to comment.