Possible Electrical Fire Damages Tulsa Home
TULSA, Oklahoma - Investigators are looking into the cause of an overnight house fire near 11th and Harvard. Firefighters arrived around 1 a.m. Monday, December 19, to find smoke coming from the chimney area in the back of the house.
Firefighters say they train specifically to respond to fires in cold weather like we're seeing right now.
"Being cold always makes it tough, but that's why we train," Fire Captain Ben Weaver said. "It's why we do what we do. You know our lines freeze up; supply lines freeze up when it's cold. It makes moving twice as hard."
Weaver said the cause may have been electrical, but nothing is confirmed until investigators come out. He said the damage was mostly contained to the one room.
The man who lived there said the chimney wasn't lit. Weaver told News On 6.
Everyone inside the home was able to get out safely.