Mediterranean Breakfast Wrap
TULSA, Oklahoma - Mediterranean Breakfast Wrap with Doctor Mark Sherwood with Functional Medical Institute
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Serves: 4 Instructions:
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup greens of choice (spinach, kale, watercress, chard, etc.), chopped
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
¼ cup kalamata olives, diced
½ teaspoon dried basil
Dash cayenne pepper
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
8 slices roast turkey breast, organic if possible
¼ cup hummus
1 avocado, sliced
- Keep whisked eggs in a bowl at room temperature.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 2 minutes, or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add garlic and stir to combine. Add greens, tomatoes, olives and seasonings. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add eggs to mixture and scramble.
- Turn heat off.
- Layer 2 slices of turkey together. Spread a layer of hummus on top. Place a little egg mixture on one-half of the turkey breast and then roll the rest of the turkey around the egg mixture.
- If desired, place back into skillet and cook the wrap until the turkey is warmed through, or eat as-is. Spread any leftover egg mixture over the top.
- Top with avocado and serve with a side of berries.