Glenpool Celebrating Oil History With Black Gold Days
Thursday, June 16th 2016, 10:37 pm
By: News On 6
Glenpool is celebrating the city's rich oil history this weekend.
Black Gold Days is a festival to honor the local Glenpool oil field named after Ida Glenn.
The event has a carnival, all kinds of food vendors, live music and a fireworks show. A parade and pancake breakfast will also be held Saturday morning.
Below is a list of remaining events this weekend.
Friday, June 17th
- 3:00 p.m. - All Vendors Open
- 7:00 p.m. - Band RJ Ballard performs. Main Stage.
- 8:00 p.m. - Band Jericho Crossing. Main Stage.
Saturday, June 18th
- 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Glenpool Schools Pancake Breakfast. Senior Center, south side of the park.
- 8:00 a.m. - Optimist Club Horseshoe Contest. Horseshoe Pit.
- 8:30 a.m. - Registration for Frog and Turtle Races. Tennis courts, south end of park.
- 11:00 a.m. to close - Carnival is open.
- 8:00 p.m. - Dave Dover Band. Main Stage.
Sunday, June 19th
- 10:45 a.m. - Sunday Worship. Main Stage.
- 11:00 a.m. - 6 p.m. - Carnival is open.
- 7:00 p.m. - Festival closes.